How to answer "what is your highest certification level"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn’t read the whole thread (it’s too long) so pardon me if the question is a repeat or already covered.

To the divers in America - would you disclose that you already had a Rescue Cert or just stick to writing down AOW due to the risk of being sued in case of a fatal accident?
The few times I did present my Rescue card when traveling I did on occasion have a DM get with me and ask a few questions before inquiring if I'd be okay to dive with a newer diver as a dive partner. I always did and found it to be a rewarding experience and also reminded me what it was like to be new to the sport. Got a free dive shirt one time and some local DM insight into some local spots to hit as well.

Interestingly enough, this question was asked by the Divemaster who conducted our orientation dive at Cocoview in December to the group he was leading. However, it came up as...anybody Instructor? No answer, anybody DM?, no answer, anybody Rescue?, no answer, anybody Advanced? (in a slightly higher pitch of voice), still no answer and finally with a smirk on his face...anybody Open water? Nobody said anything but we all started laughing...and then we proceeded with the dive. Not sure how amused he was.

Interestingly enough, this question was asked by the Divemaster who conducted our orientation dive at Cocoview in December to the group he was leading. However, it came up as...anybody Instructor? No answer, anybody DM?, no answer, anybody Rescue?, no answer, anybody Advanced? (in a slightly higher pitch of voice), still no answer and finally with a smirk on his face...anybody Open water? Nobody said anything but we all started laughing...and then we proceeded with the dive. Not sure how amused he was.
Aw man! He left out master diber.

Back
Top Bottom