How snug should the Atomics 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shabaday

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
diaphragm retaining ring be? I was going to change the color kit and when I unscrewed the purge cover the retaining ring was very loose....so do you just finger tight snug it up prior to putting the purge cover back on? This is for a M1 2nd stage

Finger tight is all the is needed. The retaining ring for the diaphragm comes in slight contact with the retaining ring for the purge cover. So it can be tighten or loosened when when purge cover is installed or removed.

I’ve had them so tight I’ve struggled to get them loose. I’ve never found one finger tight.

Both my M1’s were very loose when I took the cover off then I put them finger tight and then screwed the covers back on so I hope that is ok

M1's are odd that way - the purge cover really binds against the diaphragm retaning ring and trends to unscrew it when you remove the purge cover. To me it's a design flaw, but I don't know of a way to fix it. Doesn't really matter. When you screw down the ring, then put on the purge cover, there is no way the diaphragm will be loose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom