How old is this regulator ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brusso

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a mares abyss reg. that I can buy from a friend of a friend which has been used very very lightly. How can I find out how old it is for sure. The only markings on the secondary are EE18775.

Any help would be great... I can post pics if needed . It is the older style with dfc for sure but I would like more info if possible.

thanks

I don't think the physical age of the regulator has any real bearing, if it is in good shape. The MR22 Abyss is a great breather and parts are easily available.

If the price is good, have it checked out and enjoy.

The Abyss has been around for almost 20 years. It has gone through a few incarnations over the years, but virtually remains the same as the original. A few mods here and there have improved cold water performance, minimizing free flow in currents, and new HP trimaterial valve. If you post a pic, we may be able to narrow down the age, however we probably wont be able to tell you an exact date. At the end of the day, you really cannot go wrong with a slightly used Abyss purchase.

Best regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom