How often to service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaucho

Reaction score
Im sure there are similar threads on this subject, but since Im still new here and want to meet more of you guys, Ive decided to start me own' thread ... :D

How often do you have to get a regulator serviced? Is this like most other equipment, (ie. every X dives or every 6 months, whichever earlier)?

Also, do you have to get BC's serviced?

Thanks!!

So Fooks... How many dives do you make per year?

-kate

Back in the late 70s and early 80s, the manufacturers based the "once a year" advice on the fact that the average diver dove 25-30 dives per year. However, some of the rental regulators and instructor/divemaster stuff was used that much in a month so many of the shop people would service their stuff based on number of dives.

My suggestion is that you get your stuff serviced either once a year of every 50 dives ... whichever comes first.

Just my $.02

Ray

Hey Fooks, 45 so far this year (since March) & at least 100 by the end of the year. Thanks Ray, I'm thinking that it's almost time for that service but I'm trying to figure out how long I have to stay out of the water...

-kate

I dropped my reg off at my lds. They sat on it for two weeks and had not touched it, so I had to take it back unserviced.A few weeks is a long time this time of year.
Mike

There is absolutely no reasonable excuse for that!!

When I had my shop, we gave a one week guarantee on service time. If we weren't done in a week you got either half off on the labor rate or free use of our rental regulators until yours was done. In general, we were done in a day or two.

The service department can be a really big profit center for a shop if done right. We used to get service from all over the Northwest because we did it right and did it on time!

It is a shame that more shops don't realize that.

Just my $.02

Ray

Back
Top Bottom