How often do you shampoo your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrethediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I used my new suit on 6 dives or so - rinsed it in fresh water after each day and hung it to dry. I don't have any smell or anything like that, just trying to see if its a good idea to shampoo the suit after each trip...The suit has merino lining, not sure if that matters. Thanks.

After a dive I rinse my wet suit in fresh water. 1 or 2 times in the year, I will use Sink the stink to clear the odor. Otherwise, I don't shampoo it very often.

I soak mine in Slosh after maybe every 4 or 5 uses. Aside from that, I just rinse it really well with fresh water and get it good and dried out after each and every use.

I think that with normal use, a good freshwater rinse every time it is used and then every 5 or so times is good for washing with shampoo. My son's gets the shampoo every other time because he tells me that he pees in it when he has to go but it is always heavily rinsed with freshwater after every dive.

Rarely will we shampoo our suits after a freshwater dive-unless there is alot of organic content (gotta love Florida Springs). Saltwater dives generally come in stints of long weekends so I will do after a bunch of boat dives in salt. After our next trip on the 4th I will shampoo as we will probably be doing 8-10 dives that weekend.

Rarely will we shampoo our suits after a freshwater dive-unless there is alot of organic content (gotta love Florida Springs). Saltwater dives generally come in stints of long weekends so I will do after a bunch of boat dives in salt. After our next trip on the 4th I will shampoo as we will probably be doing 8-10 dives that weekend.

Do you shampoo the inside or the outside of the suit or do you just soak the suit in the soapy water?

Do you shampoo the inside or the outside of the suit or do you just soak the suit in the soapy water?

I soak it in the tub for a bit along with the rest of the gear and then give it a thorough rinsing. We use baby shampoo.

Thanks. Anyone tried McNett wet suit shampoo? Is it any good? Thanks.

I have been using 200 ft Viz Equipment Wash (has a nice apple smell to it) but I will be picking up some of the McNett next time I'm at Scuba Toys, I've heard good things about it.

Rinse- after each dive. Shampoo - never. My merino-lined suit doesn't seem to miss the shampoo, either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom