How much Webbing to Order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

I been ask to build some BP/W for some members of out Dive Community. Many want special color.

Is there a rule of thumb or guideline on how much Webbing a person needs?

I wanted to order 10feet for my daughters unit (she is 5'4") was told be dive shop to order 12. Got it in and guess what, we cut 3 feet off.

I guess in truth this is only $3-5 but still curious.

Thanks,

Dive Gear Express recommends on their bulk webbing product page that if one is buying for a single continuous piece webbing harness then buy 15 feet, and if one plans to make their own crotch strap along with the harness then buy 20 feet.

-Z

Dive Gear Express recommends on their bulk webbing product page that if one is buying for a single continuous piece webbing harness then buy 15 feet, and if one plans to make their own crotch strap along with the harness then buy 20 feet.

-Z

Facepalm. I just ordered some stuff from them last week and did not think to look there. Thanks.

i've been running the standard 10.5 ft cave adventurers hog harness for years and it fits me in a drysuit with no trimming. i fit a ML to L BCD for most manufacturers. 15ft is too much imo for a single harness. 16ft would be enough to also make a crotch strap for most.

of course, you could always just get a 100ft roll and cut to measure.

Back
Top Bottom