How much damge to Coz. from summer Hurricanes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebelrph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Topic is pretty self-explanatory.
The family and I are going down for Thanksgiving and I was wondering how things were affected by this summer's batch of Hurricanes?
PS . If this was previously discussed please excuse me and answer anyway.

thanks, Todd

was that the outdoor restaraunt at La Ceiba (El Cid) was damaged. The Palapa over the outdoor part was destroyed, and the restaraunt is closed. The indoor restaraunt is still open. They were starting to put the reed panels back up on the day we left, but the kitchen looked gutted. Did not see any more damage.

Damage was minimal overall & mostly quickly repaired, although there is the occasional situation as described by Campana.

The reefs sustained no damage.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hi Todd,
Just got back from Coz on Sunday 11-17-02. Didn't notice any hurricane damage. It was kind of windy last week but the diving was great . Temps ranged mid 80's during the day. Have a great trip!:snorkel:

.... to the best of my knowledge. I'm going next week to see for myself.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Some broken coral, sand blown on the coral/flora. Isadore had gone thru and Lilly passed as we were there. Currents were weird and the port closed one day. Ninja diver probably did as much damage as the storms in his two days of diving that I witnessed. <really gets under my skin> :implode:

tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom