How many certified cave divers are there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rolobingo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Everyone,

Need some info. Does anyone know, roughly,
how many people are there, that are cave cert? Across all agencies, nss.. Gue..?
thanks in advance for your help.

R

I'd guess a few thousands, maybe as many as 5000. That's just a guess based on some Life Insurance numbers I had to run to get an insurance company to use a different mortality table. We used just NACD and NSS-CDS and had more than 2k. But we have no idea if that was active divers or just certified cave divers.

Call the different agencies that cert. cave divers and ask for No.s...Shouldn't be a problem w/privacy, you're just asking for a number and nothing specific......

The problem being that many cave divers, myself included, are certified through multiple agencies.

Most of us are certified through different agencies. You may ask how many Full Cave Certified Divers they have. I am certified Cavern and Intro through NACD but I did my Apprentice and Cave through NSS/CDS. I would say I am certified in cave as one diver with NSS/CDS. The other is the stepping stone to graduate.

Back
Top Bottom