Question How long should I dive in the Maldives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy Scuba Susan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looked through other posts, which have great information, but I would love to know thoughts on the question of how long to spend in the Maldives - liveaboard combined with resorts? Thanks!

if you can afford to change your liveaboard boat and itinerary every 2 - 3 weeks, it should be nice... then after several years, you could say you know Maldives underwater and go somewhere else.

:lotsalove:

Best not to try and see everything there is to see in a single trip. Keep some aspirational locales and dive sites on your bucket list to motivate you to enjoy a repeat vacation every year. Two to three weeks at a time every time is me personal preference for any trip … because it’s not very hard to reach unlike some locations at the tip of Indonesia and the Pacific…

Best not to try and see everything there is to see in a single trip. Keep some aspirational locales and dive sites on your bucket list to motivate you to enjoy a repeat vacation every year. Two to three weeks at a time every time is me personal preference for any trip … because it’s not very hard to reach unlike some locations at the tip of Indonesia and the Pacific…

It's a much bigger lengthy trip for OP than it is for you.

Based on your travel distance, I would aim for at least two weeks. My wife and I just did 5 days in Sri Lanka then 9 days in the Maldives (liveaboard with a one-night hotel stay at each end) and that felt like a good amount of time away from work. If you're in the Maldives the entire time, I would probably aim for a 10-day liveaboard and then spend the remaining 4 days (or more) on one of the island resorts that offers good diving. One thing we found is that, with an average of only 3 dives per day on the liveaboard, our bodies didn't feel beat up like do after a week of 5 dives a day. So you could conceivable do back-to-back 7-day liveaboards as another option. Obviously, more than two weeks would be even better. We absolutely loved our trip.

Back
Top Bottom