how long can you last between dives/dive trips without hitting withdrawl?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemistress

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
scuba *used* to run my life -- four to five dive trips a year, plus constant pool and quarry time working myself up from OW to AI. but now my credit cards are maxed out, thanks to scuba :), and there are Other Obligations.

i'm lucky if i get wet -- outside of the pool -- every 4-6 months. which is long enough to make me feel uncomfortable when i do go diving again.

any other "easy caribbean diving" fans suffering this fate? how to dive more, without getting cold (brrrrrr!).

thanks,

judy

p.s. are there any single, wealthy men looking for a virginia-based dive buddy? :D

You're clear after 12 hours. Withdrawal symptoms follow shortly thereafter, with desire becoming uncontrolable within a few days. Daily swims and sitting on the bottom of a pool will help, but a real dive must be had within a month or I'll die... I know I will...
Rick

I moved house about a year ago, took me until recently to get some, not all, of my gear to the new house. I went 11 months without a dive.
My old house is near warm water, the new one is near.........well there is a puddle at the end of my driveway.

I have to travel 3 hours to get to a very cold quarry.
I have been doing that trip on a regular basis since I got some gear.

Its tough going from 3-4 dives a week off my own boat down to a 3-4 a month on someone elses terms.

Also tough going from tropical "heaven" to a Bus and a fire engine in a cold rockpool.

BUT, Im not complaining, It was the worst 11 months of my life.

I felt like a kid in a lollie shop when I hit that cold water for the first time!!! "I wanna Swim through the Bus!!!....YEAH!!!"

Dave

Missed diving this weekend (ear problems). I really want to get back in the water and its only been a week! Been about 3 months since I've been in warmer clearer water but I still enjoy wandering around the quarry.

Hoping to get someplace warmer in the next two months!

Yeah, I have to agree with the bit about the navy tables. I can usually last until i'm completely desaturated...then the urge kicks in again.

I usually go at least once per week, although I'm kind of binging right now. Went last Thursday, then yesterday (Sunday), and am going again tomorrow....I love the fact that all of my dive buddies are fanatics as well =)

About four hours. That's how long it takes me to get home from the coast.

Rick Murchison: Are you going on y'alls 21st/22nd trip? Unless something goes wrong, Josh & I (and the rest of the Sand Dollar Bunch) are doing a 7am trip on the 22nd. Hope to finally meet you!

Jarhead

Let's see. Working in the States, I couldn't get enough diving in. So I became a dive instructor and moved to the Cayman Islands. :D

That is when withdrawal sets in, when my gear is dry. Like when a dolphin's skin drys out...

Jarhead once bubbled...
About four hours. That's how long it takes me to get home from the coast.

Rick Murchison: Are you going on y'alls 21st/22nd trip? Unless something goes wrong, Josh & I (and the rest of the Sand Dollar Bunch) are doing a 7am trip on the 22nd. Hope to finally meet you!

Jarhead
We should meet your boat when it comes back in - we're on the 11-3 on the 22nd.
Should work out!
Rick :)

I usualy start thinkin about goin back in while climbing the ladder... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom