How is the Zeagle Envoy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just recently got certified for open water and after discovering how much I love it am now looking to buy my own gear. I am researching as much as I can and came upon a pretty good deal for a Zeagle Envoy. Just curious about some background on the reg and other divers' experiences with them. My dad, who is an avid diver, recommended this website as a good place to see what other people think about products. He uses the Scubapro MK25/S550, which I used during my cert classes. I would definitely prefer to stay with that setup, but unfortuneatly price is a major concern because I'm a college student. Any other recommendations on a reg about in the same price range as the Envoy or any comments about the Envoy would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Where do you live?

Check out www.scubatoys.com... big dive shop in the Dallas area I believe. Not sure how far they are from you, but Larry is a member of the board, they are very nice, they know what they're talking about, give a ScubaBoard discount, and offer full manufacturer warranties for everything they sell.

I'd suggest giving them a call and seeing what they have to say. They do sell Zeagle regs (among others)

I use the Zeagle zx-50d, but have the Envoy as a backup and have used other Envoy's when I was a student. I love mine, it is a good solid reg and I have never had any problems with it. I know that price is a big concern so if all you can afford is the Envoy, it should serve you well. You also might want to check out www.scuba.com. They sell Zeagle regs and are an authorized dealer, so you will have the full manufacturers warranty. The Envoy deluxe has some extra features, like diver adjustable breathing control (http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?submenu=Regulators&src=gendocs&link=regcomparison) but I hardly ever use mine.
So you would have to decided if it was worth the extra for the deluxe model.
Hope this helps.

Leahmarie0304:
I just recently got certified for open water and after discovering how much I love it am now looking to buy my own gear. I am researching as much as I can and came upon a pretty good deal for a Zeagle Envoy. Just curious about some background on the reg and other divers' experiences with them. My dad, who is an avid diver, recommended this website as a good place to see what other people think about products. He uses the Scubapro MK25/S550, which I used during my cert classes. I would definitely prefer to stay with that setup, but unfortuneatly price is a major concern because I'm a college student. Any other recommendations on a reg about in the same price range as the Envoy or any comments about the Envoy would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Zeagle is a very good manufacturer and their regs seem to hold up well. As I am sure you have heard, they are modelled very similarly to the Apeks line of regs that are world renouned. Zeagle is also good in the sense that while the Envoy is their entry level reg it is far from entry level when compared to others. Further, if you do want to upgrade it say with a heat sink, adjustment knob, or environmental kit, it can all be done with minimal cost when compared to buying a whole new reg for an upgrade.

hope that helps....

As said by others, the envoy (as well as all zeagle gear) has a very strong reputation, and if I were looking for a reasonably priced good performing reg, I'd certainly consider it. If you're in San Antonio, you might look at Deep Blue Adventures in alamo heights. That's a decent dive shop run by quality people. There's another LDS there you would probably do well to avoid, PM me if it's of interest to you. If you're close to Dallas, scubatoys is a terrific shop.

I'm not really up on the prices for comparable regs, but I can tell you there's absolutely nothing wrong with the SP MK2/R190. You might also try the MK16; G250hp would be the best choice for a 2nd stage, but the S550 or R190 would also work fine with it. Another popular "entry" level reg is the aqualung titan.

Back
Top Bottom