How is the diameter of puck gauges measured?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seville

Contributor
Reaction score
I am confused on the proper way to measure puck dive gauges. Is it only the visible screen part showing on the console or then entire unit?

I have a Sherwood Genesis Source Resource dive computer. I want to get a wrist mount boot for it. When I measured the computer it came out to 2.25" in diameter. But the site for the wrist boot says it fits 1.75 Genesis computers. Not sure if this will fit or not? Any ideas?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.02.28 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.01.15 AM.jpg

I think the "2-inch" pucks are face 2 inches, total diameter 2-3/8ths inch.

How do I know this? I went to the "Diving Gear-- Computers, Gauges, etc" Topic here on SB, just scroll way way down to find it. And there you'll find the Magi, meaning for me, Scubadada. He told and showed me how to order a new SPG that would fit my existing housing.

IMHO a bungee mount is a more versatile & effective system. Contact Randy at Piranha to verify the correct size.
Bungee Mounts Piranha Dive Shop |

I know that I am late to the party on this thread but just bought this exact wrist mount and wanted to respond.... First off, this Sherwood boot is made PERFECTLY to fit puck computers with a 2 1/8th inch actual outside diameter and a 1 inch depth... Even though the product description states 1.75 inch which is the interior display diameter and NOT the actual outside diameter.

You will need to remove the hard outer plastic "sleeve" in order to install into this boot. See in the photo of my three pucks. The one in the middle has the sleeve removed. The sleeve just slides off but may need a little "convincing" if it has been on there for awhile.

As for the install, just use a little warm water and mild dish soap.

colnlBL.jpg

SablG6w.jpg

puKVXk9.jpg

0UH26If.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom