How heavy are your regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How heavy are your regulators, with 1st stage, hoses, 2nd stages (primary and backup) & SPG all in?

I'm using the HOG D1s and they weigh like 3.5kg (if my scale is right)??
- Consists of D1 Cold Water 1st stage, 2 2nd stages (Classics I think), 2m hose, 22" hose for backup, 26" hose and SPG, plus a boltsnap and bungee for the necklace.

I asked my friend to weigh his ScubaPros (entry level) and his whole setup (with a big console) weighs only 1.9kg?

How heavy are your regs and what kind are they?

Mine are very heavy for air travel, especially if I put them on hand carry.

I have several of the AquaLung Cousteau/SEA's and the they have to be one of the heaviest first stages. Just weighed a Cousteau with yoke and a dry seal environmental seal and it weighed 1.25kg.
It can be used as a hammer and would probably work when you were done.

Mine is not a good comparison. Its the Aqualung Mikron 1st and 2nd, plus console but no octo (i have Air XS). 2.2 lbs (1kg). Designed with travel in mind.

throw in a Daco 960 first....... they can be used as an anchor in a pinch....

My is 5 lbs which includes:

Oceanic FDx10 first
Delta 4 second
Alpha 8 octo
B&G SPG on 26" hose with boltsnap
inflator hose
wrist compass
wrist PC
A small sock to protect the PC
the regulator bag that holds it all

3.5kg does seem high - do you have something you can test the scale with? 5lb lead weight, un-opened bag of flour, etc...?

The HOG D1 second stages are heavy.
The case seems to be thicker than most other plastic second stages and has a somewhat "unfinished" look about the exterior- no scalloping or complex shaping. Put one beside a plastic second stage from any of the big names and you will see what I mean.
I should add that being thicker and heavier the case also appears to be very robust and if the intended use includes heavy duty expedition and technical diving this is probably a good thing!
Internally they seem nicely made and that's what counts, the only caveat I would add is that a heavy second stage needs a good mouthpiece and I find the supplied one too soft- it always feels like the reg wants to fall out of my mouth if I'm not consciously gripping it with my teeth!

my doubles regs are 2.5 lb for one and 2.2 for the other. total 4.7 lb. I use them both on single tank with h valves. the regs are mk25's s-600 one has a long hose and the other has a spg.

My HOG D1 + classic second long hose setup weighs 6 pounds 3 ounces in the regulator bag with DIN-to-yoke adaptor. Sounds pretty close to the weight of your setup. I view the weight as a sign of quality.

This is good to know when an airline tries to ding you for an overweight dive bag. I had to pull my regs and move them to another bag when I flew to Florida last week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom