How expensive (relatively) is dive gear in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
In March I'm going on a liveaboard trip with someone who has recently certified and doesn't yet have her own gear. To buy gear in Japan it's normally better to order online from Leisure Pro or ScubaToys - but then shipping costs become quite a factor. I know that there is one quite large dive store in Patong (at least), and we have one whole day before we join the liveaboard. How do prices compare generally in Phuket? If there isn't a huge difference I'm thinking that at least in a real shop she'll have the chance to try stuff on etc.

Thoughts?

Compares to the USA is Thailand expensive. Compares to Europe, is Thailand same same (but different :wink:). There are a few big shops in Patong, "Water-world", "All 4 Diving".
They have a very big choice, and different brands.

look also this here Buying Scuba Gear Online-Thailand

Who did you book your trip through? Check with them, we always do something extra for our guests, which makes it worthwhile to buy equipment here. Some others do the same.

Who did you book your trip through? Check with them, we always do something extra for our guests, which makes it worthwhile to buy equipment here. Some others do the same.
Sunrise......yeah, I'll check with Jamie. :wink:

Aquamaster has different brands than Waterworld. Divesupply is wholesale only.

Jamie should be able to provide all brands, and I presume his prices will be competitive.

Sure mister, sure.
Well because you're on my ignore list I can't even read you. Anyway I'm getting used to you.

:spaninq:

Back
Top Bottom