How does exhalation works ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Externet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi.
Not exactly s.c.u.b.a., but curious on how exhalation venting works for these helmets :
----> Poolscrubber
Please move if improper here.

And, does anyone has a used one of those 'Sloan7' for sale ? Or are they unobtanium ?

You can see exhaust bubbles in one of the pics...my guess is that it would work like a really big FFM... But closer to a commercial rig than anything else.

Hi.
Not exactly s.c.u.b.a., but curious on how exhalation venting works for these helmets :
----> Poolscrubber
Please move if improper here.

And, does anyone has a used one of those 'Sloan7' for sale ? Or are they unobtanium ?

I saw something like this when I was on Curacao last April. Really really really really s**ty idea to have people walking on the reef (or even on the sand leading up to the reef). These bozos were putting in at Go West, I now regret not making a huge stink about it to the operators.

I think they work like commercial diving helmets, continuous flow of gas into the helmet, no "regulators" per se, standard FFM's use a standard or slightly modified second stage depending on whether or not it has a continuous freeflow. Helmets are generally surface fed and there is no demand valve involved, so surface supplies a continuous flow of gas, very inefficient obviously, but you can breathe freely

They just vent the air out the back near the bottom. The compressor forces air in and keeps the water out well below your head/nose level.

They use something similar at Coral World in St. Thomas. As you dive past them you can see the bubbles streaming out. Sea Trek »
2014-06-16-Dive-5-114-1024x768.jpg
There's also the SUB units used at Stuart Coves. Each one carries it's own tank and is self propelled. Stuart Cove's Sub Bahamas Adventure
Capture.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom