How do you wash the Mares AT BCD Properly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozzydamo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Fellow Aquanauts'
I would like to know how to properly washout/clean the Dragon AT BCD, I recently bought one (I love it dearly!). It doesn't seem to have access internally to flush it out like standard style inflator hosed BCD, I have been dunking it in freshwater, and hanging it up to dry.
Is there an official method to wash up the Dragon AT???
Which will stop mine looking like projekts in 5 years time(have a friend who has a 15year old bcd, still working fine, but not as slick to use as my Dragon!).
I am a tad' of mares fanboy to say the lest, having a carbon 42 reg, occy, wetsuit, fins, mask the works-I look rather "dapper" in the red silver and black!

Ciao,
Damo'
:coffee:

Hi ozzydamo.

I recently bought the Mares Dragon AT and have been diving with it, and am very, very happy with the BCD.

Like you, I looked for info on how to clean it properly, since this is quite important as I'm diving in salt water, and my dives are not very frequent until July :)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, what you can do is:

Unscrew the top of the shoulder emergency dump valve and fill the BCD with some clean water.
Then either recap the dump valve and shake the water around a bit, unscrew the valve again, and let the water out by holding the BCD upside down so that the dump valve is the lowest part of the BCD, or you can let the water run out by just pulling the dump cord.

You can then let the BCD dry (I let it dry with the dump valve unscrewed if I'm not going to use it for a longer period of time, so that the inside can dry thoroughly.)

Z

Super, Zoran.
Its a great BCD, love being able to head first dive straight down, find now I am using a little less weight to get down also.
I have tried to unscrew it, but wasn't quite sure I have been afraid to break it. So I have been filling it and drain it whilst holding the dump valve open. I will have another go at opening it now.
Hvala,
Damo ps- Dobro! opened it then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom