Question How do you start ScubaBoard?

How do you Bookmark ScubaBoard?

• ScubaBoard's Home page

• Unread Watched Threads

• Watched Forums

• Other, please tell us more

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you start ScubaBoard?

You don't start scubaboard, in Soviet Russia, scubaboard start you !! :yeahbaby:

First, Cozumel, then New posts, then Recent, then Classifieds. alerts get thrown in there somewhere...

Jay

Like someone else said, I start at community so I can see alerts, then go to recent posts, etc....

Most days, I have to use jumper cables to get it to start.

Are there any views of posts or threads that you would like to see easier to get to?
My pet peeve is with logging in to the newest upgrade. The "stay logged in" box is always checked!

If I don't want to stay logged in, then I have to uncheck this box every blessed time I check SB. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the default setting for this box to be UNCHECKED?

If I check it, then I'll never see it again as I'm already logged in. If I don't want to stay logged in then it is already unchecked. No biggie, just an unnecessary nuisance...

My pet peeve is with logging in to the newest upgrade. The "stay logged in" box is always checked!

If I don't want to stay logged in, then I have to uncheck this box every blessed time I check SB. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the default setting for this box to be UNCHECKED?
:idk: how this is programmed but I would think that the majority of members prefer to stay logged in, thus that default. Maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong but I think configuring your browse to delete cookies to the sites you visit will cause ScubaBoard to require a login every time — regardless of if the "stay logged in" option is checked or not.

I have seen the option to delete cookies in some browsers and have seen add-ons for others. If security is a concern, you could turn on ScubaBoard's 2FA (Two Factor Authentication), but then you would have to tell it not to authorize that device for 30 days. Maybe some others have a better idea.

But the 'stay logged in' option means that they'll never see that box after the first click. Why ask someone who has opted to stay logged in to 'log in' again??? I clear it every time I log in because I don't want to stay logged in.

So, by my plan, if I'm seen as being 'online' or 'logged in', yes I'm onsite and available. Is it better that I stay logged in and then go do something else?

I'm just sayin'. Again, no biggie either way. I can cope. :)

My bookmark points to recent posts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom