Question How do you start ScubaBoard?

How do you Bookmark ScubaBoard?

• ScubaBoard's Home page

• Unread Watched Threads

• Watched Forums

• Other, please tell us more

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have it bookmarked so when I click on SB it opens to Community (which after the "change" I finally figured out that meant FORUMS....).

Accepting defeat because I can’t figure it out. I listed myself as a public safety diver (which I am) but want to change it.. and can’t for the life of me figure out how. Any input out there?

Accepting defeat because I can’t figure it out. I listed myself as a public safety diver (which I am) but want to change it.. and can’t for the life of me figure out how. Any input out there?
What would you like to be?

What would you like to be?
a fireman -or maybe an astronaut :D

First Alerts then New Posts

New Posts - I scan the titles of new threads for ones that pique my interest and hover over them to see the first few lines.

Alerts - I focus on replies first and then I’ll click on likes if I’ve forgotten what pablum I’ve concocted.

Inbox - I like using the DM service to interact with others especially when a thread gets overcome with the din of bickering and unproductive cyber-jousting.

Sometimes I’ll navigate to a specific forum to see the context of other threads.

In the old days before forums provided a “New Posts” feature, I think my forum use was a bit more educational and/or informative because I had to actually scan and read threads alongside their neighboring threads of the same sub-forum. IOW, I took a more deliberate approach to absorbing a topic in its rightful context. Now? Now I’m just consuming headline news and I think makes me a bit shallower in my appreciation of our virtual community.

Underwater culinary taste tester... non-certified
Sounds good to me! :)
Now all you gotta do is become a ScubaBoard Supporter. Supporters get their choice of descriptors (within reason). For everyone else, your descriptor is a function of which groups you belong to, or how many posts you have made. Asking to participate in the PSD forums automatically assigns you as a Public Safety Diver.

See this thread in Site Support for more info!
How To Change User Titles

Back
Top Bottom