How do you equalize with this Beuchat mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zixzax

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi. I saw this in a shop here. But I don't know how to equalize my ears with this. Just wondering if anyone used it?
super-compensator-silicone.jpg

Put your fingers (thumb and index finger) into the slots underneath the mask and pinch inwards towards your nose. Then you can Valslava or breath out to clear nose.

Put your fingers (thumb and index finger) into the slots underneath the mask and pinch inwards towards your nose. Then you can Valslava or breath out to clear nose.
Ah I should have looked at the bottom of it. Thanks.

No worries. It may be difficult to do with thick gloves (if your water is cold and you're wearing thick ones).

Also, some of those old school masks may allow another method. Just push the mask up a little with your hand or forearm, so that your nostrils are blocked by the flat area and blow. If it works, depends on fit and the mask, it is a nice benefit in that you can have something in your hand and still clear the mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom