How do you decend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Pug...I'm not sure reading your posts sometimes how seriously I should take them. I'll have to see if I can try the cartwheel tomorrow night :)

Usualy I use the horizontal drop as UP described above.

Sometimes towards the end of a dive trip (where I'm diving several times a day) my ears get more sensitive to equalizing from the constant pressure changes. At that point it's easier to go down feet first, but I always have problems with it.

By bending nees to let my feet come up behind meit's easier to stay "head up". Then just snap feet out straight to end up hoirizontal at depth (do this at least 10-15 feet from bottom).

Usualy I only need to stay heads up for the first 30 feet or so. As the pressure gradient drops I can get horizontal and continue descent from there.

I only use knees first when vis is at least 15 feet or more.

I do a lot of diving in the quarry, because I have not yet convinced Uncle Pug to adopt me (if adopted the first thing I would do is repaint the pink boat). In the quarry, sometimes you have to look hard for amusement. One of the most fun activities I’ve come up with is to dump all the air out of my BC at the surface, descend head first as fast as possible, and just before getting to the bottom going horizontal and flaring, adding just enough air to get as close as possible to the bottom without actually touching it or stirring up the silt and coming to rest there a foot off the bottom.

If your going to try this I have a couple of suggestions. First find out how fast you can equalize and don’t descend faster than that. Second, practice on the platform, so if you loose control it’ll be a controlled crash.

Have fun,
Mike

just like Florida wreck diving, if you don't kick your a$$ off you'll miss the wreck. You have to be able to clear instantly, no, constantly, or you'll dive sand.

Tom

I descend face down horizontal al spread eagle like I am skydiving then use my power inflator to slow my descent to the bottom when approaching it.

not only do i save energy when dropping down, gravity facilitates the drop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom