How do I sell my photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fyodor_Sumkin

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I didn't know exactly where to post this, so I've posted it here.

I have a few good photos in my archive and was wondering how I could sell them.
I've found a site that deals in stock photography, but (from what I've heard) it takes weeks for them to accept uploads(long queue for review). Does anyone know of any other stock photography sites which offer resonable commissions and faster review times?

help would be appriciated

I don't know the answer to your question, but one piece of advice is to also post this over on wetpixel.com if you haven't already. I believe they have a specific forum for these kinds of things.

Hope that helps!

Take them to a shop and put on consignment. works great, and tell people about them. Hit the pavement man and get your self known there is no easy way start small and then grow grow grwo

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try.
still haven't registered at wetpixel, I'll try that.

Shawn, do you mean I should go to some photography shop, or anyshop for that matter and let them sell my photos for commision? sounds like a good idea, thanks again.

Fpoole, i checked smugmug, but unfortunatly it's not the thing that I'm looking for, thanks anyway.

You might be able to sell some here if you have samples to show?

There is a huge amount of competition out there trying to sell U/W photos. You really have to have some great stuff and market like crazy. I know a lot of pros and except for one, they do not make a living from it, it's a sideline.
While you may only want to sell a few images here and there, it's tough. Very tough.

Maybe take them to cafes', or other eating establisments, framed nicely and ask if you can hang them on the wall with a little name card next to them, perhaps that may garner you a few sales.

I've heard that framing places will sometimes allow you to display your work.

FWIW - I often think how drab doctor's offices are when you are in there waiting around. Wouldn't it be cool to see U/W pics instead of a poster of your innards?

Also, some dentists I know have a picture on the ceiling. A really great U/W print would be nice!

Now, get out there on the golf course and network!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom