How do I remove an attached file?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I can't figure out how to remove an image file that I accidentally attached to a post. When I go to edit the post, I can see how to do just about everything else, but not that.

Is the big delete button at the bottom right to delete the attached file? It looks to me like a button to delete the post, which I don't want to do.

Cheers,
uwe

In the editing mode, couldn’t you just move the cursor in front of the picture and do a backspace?

If I recall, in edit mode, the image should be between the ATTACH brackets. If I delete that line including the brackets, then the image should be gone when saved ATTACH.
Note that even when I type this with the right syntax with the square brackets around both ATTACH's, it thinks the text between them is an attachment. It did show in edit mode. Just tested it.

@uw Point me to the post that you're trying to edit and I'll see if I can help you with it.

uw:
Thanks @chillyinCanada. This post:
Reading Wireless Air Transmitter using Arduino
When I edit the post, their is no text corresponding to the attached image; it just shows up below the edit box, and the image shows up at the bottom of the post.

That sends me to a portion of the thread. Which post # in the thread of yours are you concerned about? For instance, my post (this one is #6 in this thread.

Sorry. It the second post on page 8 (the last page. There are a bunch of quotes and the attached image is at the bottom.

In edit mode, at the bottom of the attached file, from left to right, do you see Thumbnail, Full Image and Delete buttons? If yes, tap on the Delete button

Reactions: uw
Ok - I saw the big delete button but it looks to me like a button to delete the post, which is why I avoided it.
Thanks for the help.
uwe

It’s not for deleting your post. I don’t think you can delete your post. Only Mod can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom