How do I pop lenses out??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiggrr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I love my mask. It purple. Its prescription. Its awesome.

Except its dirty gross around the edges of the lenses on the inside.

I have the classic style. A friend of mine showed me how to take it apart and give it a full cleaning but, I can't remember how to do it.

It was my first purchase as a noob and I way, way over paid for it. Needless to say, I'm scared to break it.

So, any advice?? I couldn't find anything on the website.

Instead of trying to take it apart, why don't you try soaking it in warm to hot soapy water, dish detergent is just fine and perhaps alittle white vinegar. And then rinse well and let it drip dry that should do the trick.

Already tried that. There's gunk in the corners/crevices that is just not coming out.

well you need something thin and tapered to get in between the retainer ring and the side of the frame. start on the outer edge of the ring alittle higher than right in the middle, if you pop the side tab out the ring will just pop. than when your done star putting the ring back w the inside upper corner tab by slideing it into the frame. then push in the other tabs, go counter clockwise on the right lens and clockwise on the left lens. good luck!

Hey Thanks!!

I'll let you know how it works out!!

Back
Top Bottom