How do I get a d-ring to stand up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIHappyDiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have always had a bit of a problem finding the right shoulder d-ring on my Litehawk. It is relatively small and not adjustable in placement, so I’ve decided to try to get it to “stand up”. It this best achieved by inner tube straps on either side, or with cave line at the base? If anyone has other suggestions, short of buying a bp/w, feel free to share.

Thank,
Erik

Can you unthread it and replace it with a bent one?

Oops, didn't comprehend "not adjustable"... Sorry...

Try stretching a suitable sized O-ring across it and push one side behind the slider. If you don't have an O-ring handy try it with a thick rubber band and you will see what I mean. You could also possibly do it with a narrow piece of inner tube but an O-ring would be better.

Try stretching a suitable sized O-ring across it and push one side behind the slider. If you don't have an O-ring handy try it with a thick rubber band and you will see what I mean. You could also possibly do it with a narrow piece of inner tube but an O-ring would be better.

Ok, that makes sense. I kinda remembered seeing something before on how to do this, but couldn’t find it. Thanks!

I would get a proper sized (to fit the strap) SS bent D-ring, cut a slot in the straight part, cut off the existing black (plastic?) one, and work the bent SS one onto the existing strap.

SP should be ashamed of itself...

This works well. A cylinder O-ring fits perfectly and has a bit of girth to help the D ring sit proud.

Like this

IMG_20210312_135515_682.jpg

I would get a proper sized (to fit the strap) SS bent D-ring, cut a slot in the straight part, cut off the existing black (plastic?) one, and work the bent SS one onto the existing strap.

SP should be ashamed of itself...

What should SCUBAPRO be ashamed of? It does not look like they coerced the OP into purchasing the BCD and they make no claim to having adjustable (aluminum) D-Rings. This BCD might not be right for some divers, but it meets the needs of many. So I see no reason for them to be ashamed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom