How do I film myself doing a drill?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I put my GoPro on the top of a platform doing drills and it’s actually harder to film yourself doing a drill than I thought.

Half of the bottom is taken by the container and my valves are outside of the video for most of the drill.

Next time I’ll see if I can clip it on a vertical line using a double ender and see if that’s better.

How do you guys film yourself doing a drill?

I put my GoPro on the top of a platform doing drills and it’s actually harder to film yourself doing a drill than I thought.

Half of the bottom is taken by the container and my valves are outside of the video for most of the drill.

Next time I’ll see if I can clip it on a vertical line using a double ender and see if that’s better.

How do you guys film yourself doing a drill?
I don’t have one, but I’ve seen little tripods meant for uw use. Put that on the platform.

I don’t have one, but I’ve seen little tripods meant for uw use. Put that on the platform.
I’ll try to find a cheap one … I was actually thinking: what I need is a small tripod :wink:

Cheap tripods. I use an Amazon Basics Mini Tripod it is cheap, and if I destroy It I won’t cry over it.

Won’t that rust?

As far as I can tell it is mostly plastic, I think the screw is the only metal part.

But I only dive fresh water with it.

As far as I can tell it is mostly plastic, I think the screw is the only metal part.

But I only dive fresh water with it.
It’s cool, I’ll probably only use it in fresh water anyway.

1638739504668.png

Back
Top Bottom