How do i attach AIR 2 to DiveRite bladder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

archman

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As many of you know, I am technically-handicapped. So don't go all complicated with gear jargon.

I just got a new TransPacII, rigged with a cutesy travel wing. Being a huge fan of the AIR 2 (yeah, yeah I know it's "bad"), I want to swap it in place of the DiveRite inflator. Only I can't figure it out.

1. ScubaPro's site claims that...
Can be assembled on any SCUBAPRO BC or other manufacturer's BCs withSCUBAPRO's Air 2 Converter
only I can't find this converter thing on their site, nor directions on how to use it.
http://www.scubapro.com/products/regulators/octopus/air2/air2.asp

2. I found this part off LeisurePro that maybe I need... not sure. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/leisure-pro/aquha139.html
Converts Standard Hose to Scuba pro Air 2 Quick Disconnect Connector (A139)

There isn't a local DiveRite dealer around to help me (I ordered the thing online from DiveRite Express), nor is there a local ScubaPro dealer. So I have to do it. Yuk.

A. As near as I can tell, the corrugated hoses are incompatible. So I guess I stick with the DiveRite corrugated hose? If so, how do I remove the AIR 2 off it's hose? There are two zip ties connecting it to the corrugated hose.

B. I've compared the old AIR2 LPI hose with the DiveRite one, and the DiveRite is 3 inches shorter. However it doesn't fit the AIR2 without this A139 adapter thing. Is this 3 inches a big deal? Is there a good reason to stay with the ScubaPro LPI hose? Does it deliver more air or something?

And there's the pull dump to deal with too, but I'd rather figure out this other stuff first.

HELP!!

You don't need the converter if you still have your AIR2 hose. If you do, th first thing to do is remove your BC hose from your reg and put on the AIR2 hose. Next cut the two zip ties on the dive rite inflator. I find it is best to cut them at the zip part. You can cut them or even crush them with a pari of pliers so as not to damage the corrugated hose. Next pull back the corrugated hose and you will expose the dump valve cable. there will be a stainless steel pin there. Push the pin with a pen or something sharp and it will slide. You don't have to push it all the way throgh just enough to allow the cable to slip out. Grab your AIR2 and prepare the pin the same way you left the old one. Grab the cable and loop it around the pin. Then push the pin back into place and pull the corrugated hose back over the AIR2. Fasten it with a ziptie or two. You are ready to go.
If you do not havethe AIR2 hose I would ust buy one rather than mucking aroundith adapters etc...

hope this helps.

oh wow, that was SO easy. I'll test the rig out next week.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom