How do I add myself to the buddy finder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrSmitty13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok, maybe i'm a bit slow here but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get my name listed on the buddy finder. Could somebody please help me!

Thanks!

Ok, maybe i'm a bit slow here but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get my name listed on the buddy finder. Could somebody please help me!

Thanks!

Go to http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

Scroll down, make sure the "Include in BuddyMatrix (ScubaBoard's Buddy Finder)?" dropdown is set to "Yes", make a selection in "Methods" and "Interests", enter your US zip code or latitude and longitude. Remember to hit "Save changes" when you're done. :wink:

I thought i'd give it a day to see if it took longer to update but I have did all that you have said yet i'm still not listed on the buddy finder. Is there something else that was not mentioned?

I can't find myself just by zooming the map, I have to be specific and do a search by latitude and longitude (since I'm not in the US). Try searcing for me (58/8), and you should find me in the town of Arendal in the south-eastern part of Norway.

Oh, and increase the distance to 50 miles. :wink:

I was able to find you and as for me, it kinda and kinda didn't work.....

When I searched for my zip code, nothing comes up. I then put my gps coordinates into my profile. If I searched them, it will pop up.

Maybe theres something wrong with the zip codes?

I was able to find you and as for me, it kinda and kinda didn't work.....

So, you wanna go diving?

When I searched for my zip code, nothing comes up. I then put my gps coordinates into my profile. If I searched them, it will pop up.

Maybe theres something wrong with the zip codes?

Strange... This might be a case for the US Postal Inspection Service, one of your oldest federal law enforcement agencies, founded by Benjamin Franklin in 1737. :D

Back
Top Bottom