How deep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this weekend will be 1st time for me -- i think the reef (Barracuda Reef) we're going to is 20-35ft. maybe next month i would be interested in trying Hammerhead Reef with is 60 - 90 ft.

35 ft for me..........

---------- Post added September 10th, 2013 at 08:08 AM ----------

this weekend will be 1st time for me -- i think the reef (Barracuda Reef) we're going to is 20-35ft. maybe next month i would be interested in trying Hammerhead Reef with is 60 - 90 ft.

How did it go???........Give us a report---on the yaking that is.....

Last edited:

I've done that reef from a kayak via BC and hookah. Lots of bugs out there earlier. Sorry to steal your idea but I've been anxious to try a deeper dive from the kayak, hammerhead is convenient enough. A friend of mine & I will be doing this on Friday 9/13 (scary right?), so if you're available and have your own yak feel free to join us.

Well Friday the 13th lived up to the cliche. We paddled all the way out to Hammerhead and the whole reef was solid jellyfish. Fewer jellies at the 2nd reef but still too many for our tastes. Ended up diving the erojacks and called it a day.

I dive the third reef all the time. We drift no particular spot, off either Pompano Beach or Dania Beach. If we drift the West edge about 65'. East edge is 80'-90'. I have a Chartplotter/Depth sounder combo, put us right on the reef, check drift, then gear up while drifting. We avoid the wrecks, if possible, because too many boats anchor near them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom