• 180'

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • 218'

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Above 1.6 ppO2

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Guerrero

Contributor
Reaction score
How deep do you routinely dive on air?

FYI, by above 1.6 ppO2 I mean greater than 1.6 (e.g., 1.7 ppO2).

Last edited:
Above 1.4 ppo2 in open water for the trained and below 1.6 for all other idiots.

I dive on air for shore dives, Nitrox for boat dives, including wrecks at 45 to 50 metres (up to 170 feet).

I may be wrong, but I think the question was how deep do people go without helium on most dives.

If that is indeed the question, I can say that for the kinds of diving I've done so far, I consider using trimix when approaching 50m.

If the question was about routine dives and using air, I can say that most of my "day-to-day" dives are done to 21m or shallower, all on air.

If I dive air, that normally means I dive less for fun and more for someone elses benefit - which means I don't dictate the dive site and it usually involve some sort of pipes that need some sort of inspection or maintenance and those dives are VERY rarely deeper than 100 feet.

When I dive for fun, I dive EAN with a po2 less than 1.4/1.6...

If I'm at home, my max depth on air is 12 feet. I have two AL80's that I use for pool work, and they're the only tanks I own that I routinely fill with air. All my other tanks routinely are filled with nitrox. If I'm going below 120 feet, I add helium.

When I'm on vacation I dive what I can get. If I can't get a gas I'm comfortable diving deep, I'll opt not to do deep dives.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom