How can you tell if a tank has 300, 200 or? DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all cylinders I use/have seen in the US have the working pressure marked on the cylinder.

Now...if you are asking if I call tell by looking at the valve what the rated pressure is...Yes to that also.

DIN valves can be used with both 300 and 200 bar rated cylinders. You will know it is a DIN valve when you see that the valve has threads on the inside...which receives the connection from the first stage of the regulator, capturing the o-ring.

A 200 bar DIN valve can be identified even if it looks like a Yoke valve by the fact that the insert that screws into the threads of the DIN has a Hex opening in the center that allows you to insert and remove it.

I hope this helps...

C_C

Are you asking about the tank valve? Tanks are rated in Bar in Europe instead of PSI like they are in the States so you could be asking about the tank. I'm going to assume that you are asking about the valve.

Din valves come in both 200 and 300 Bar versions as I'm guessing you already know. A 200 Bar DIN valve will have less threads then the 300 Bar valve. This is due to the lower working pressure of the valve and tank it's installed on. It could be an aluminum or low pressure steel tank. If you can place the yoke of your regulator over the valve just as you can on a K valve it's a 200 Bar. You can install an incert in a 200 Bar valve so it can be used with a yoke regulator. Because a 300 Bar valve has more threads you can not place the yoke of your reg over the valve and if you were to install an incert into a 300 Bar valve it would screw in to deep and wouldn't work anyway. Also I don't believe you can get a 200 Bar DIN valve that will fit a high pressure steel tank again because of the high working pressure of the tank and the fact that the yoke on your reg is only rated at 3000 psi and high pressure tanks hold 3500 PSI. So if you're looking at a high pressure steel tank you can be sure it's a 300 bar valve.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom