How best to book Malapascua, Philippines Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaviKyle

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello! My wife and I are planning a trip to the Philippines for December. Usually I enjoy researching and putting it all together, but since Malapascua is pretty remote I figured booking a full hotel/dive package in one would be best. Is PADI Travel the best place to do that or does anyone recommend another agency? Thanks!

If you find a dive shop you like in Malapascua they'll probably arrange everything for you except the flight to Cebu. You can search the forum for recommendations.

I stayed and dove with Evolution Diving Resort. They were very helpful and responsive on email to any inquiries I had leading up to my trip.

If you find a dive shop you like in Malapascua they'll probably arrange everything for you except the flight to Cebu. You can search the forum for recommendations.
Awesome! I wasn’t sure how easy they’d be to work with. I’m glad they are. Thanks!

We just left Malapascua- stayed and dived with Thresher Cove Resort, loved it!

I booked the flights to Malapascua and a private van transfer to Maya port (4000 php per way, be sure to use the new port). Thresher Cove arranged the private boat transfer (1500 php per way for the boat).

Everything worked perfectly!

There is no need to do this, contact the resort you like directly and they will arrange everything for you. My husband and I do two dive trips to Asia some years and I am lucky enough to get another. I cannot think of anything major ever going wrong in the ten years we have been doing this.

Dealing with and paying drectly will put more money into the local economy and hopefully protect the marine life, than if you use a foreign travel agency. The diving world is a small place these days with Tripadvisor, SB and FB.Compagnes that look after their guests do better with return visits and friends recommending them etc.

There are lots of great dive resorts on Malapascua. We used Sea Explorers who have also shops in other , beautiful locations in the Philippines and put together packages.

Best fishes x

Hello! My wife and I are planning a trip to the Philippines for December. Usually I enjoy researching and putting it all together, but since Malapascua is pretty remote I figured booking a full hotel/dive package in one would be best. Is PADI Travel the best place to do that or does anyone recommend another agency? Thanks!

I used sea explorers. Ocean Vida Resort. There 7 nights. Had awesome experience. Did thresher dive twice and was not disappointed. Lots of little things. Beautiful coral away from malapascua itself. Hotel was very nice. The Philippines is very poor. You will be taken aback if you’ve never traveled third world. The people could not have been nicer. Absolutely gorgeous country. Can’t wait to go back.

Evolution is the place to go - they have the nices part of the entire bounty beach and the dive operation is top notch and safe. Great rental equipment and good dive boats & guides. They take pretty good care of their dive spots and follow the rules, which are often broken by other dive centers. You can see that especially diving Monad Shoal.
When we were on the dive boat with 7 other divers on it it was nice and peaceful while a boat of Sea Explorers passed by with 20+ divers onboard. It would be the same diving in that crowd...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom