Houston? Houston!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downmountain

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,
I’m new to Scubaboard and have returned to diving after a twenty year hiatus spent climbing mountains all around the world. I’m based in The Woodlands near Houston mostly and can travel to the gulf area and most of the Texas lakes within a couple hours drive.
I’m working my way back through certifications and plan on doing Rescue Diver probably in the fall.
I’m hoping to find some buddies who have flexibility for diving on the weekdays at Blue Lagoon or other local sites when they open full time. Maybe someone to take a few specialty classes with?

Anyway, glad to be here and thrilled to be diving again.

Welcome to SB, lots of great topics and experienced divers here.

We have plans for the Gigglin Marlin MV Fling trip to the Flower Gardens & old rig this summer.

I’m working my way back through certifications and plan on doing Rescue Diver probably in the fall.
I feel you there, doing the same although it's nice to be more mature and have more disposable income to push through than when I was a young sailor making $350 a month.. LOL

I am originally from Dayton, Tx.

I’m new to Scubaboard and have returned to diving after a twenty year hiatus spent climbing mountains all around the world.
Welcome. You could take up diving underwater pinnacles, such as I hear can be found diving Saba. Just a thought. Scuba diving is a pretty good motivator to get out and see more of the world, too.

Welcome. You could take up diving underwater pinnacles, such as I hear can be found diving Saba. Just a thought. Scuba diving is a pretty good motivator to get out and see more of the world, too.
Definitely! I’ve spent a fair bit of time in Sahba climbing on Kinabalu so I imagine the underwater features would be somewhat similar.
Neat opportunities for adventure over in that part of the world.

I feel you there, doing the same although it's nice to be more mature and have more disposable income to push through than when I was a young sailor making $350 a month.. LOL

I am originally from Dayton, Tx.
Good to know I’m not alone in this situation. And yes, paying for it now is less painful than in my misspent youth. I used to do odd jobs around a dive shop in North Carolina for free classes and the occasional hand-me-down piece of gear.
Good times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom