Houston area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New to the houston area? any of the group from here?

Welcome to the Swamp!

There are quite a few of us from the Houston area. We have a regular group of 10-12 who dive at Twin Lakes, south of Houston on Hwy 6, on the weekends and during the week. You're more than welcome to join us.

Look forward to meeting you.

Welcome to SCUBA Board.

Be sure to wander into the Texas Swamp Diving section and check things out.

Cave Diver once bubbled...
Welcome to SCUBA Board.

Be sure to wander into the Texas Swamp Diving section and check things out.

Uh....CD...I think that's what he just did! :wink: :eek:ut:

Welcome aboard Atlas

Lovanc,

As far as diving options the two most common places to dive are at Twin Lakes which is near Hwy 6 and 288. Twin lakes is the local hole/hangout for alot of the swapers near Houston. The other option is in Huntsville and called the Blue Lagoon. Another option is taking a trip to the flower gardens, the boats leave from freeport. The Boats that make the trip are the MV Fling, MV Spree and the MV Sea Searcher II.

Thanx geekdiver,

I tried to do Flower Gardens 3 times last year and the launch was cancelled each time due to weather so I pretty much gave up. At the moment the only places I've dived in the US is Lake Travis & some of the caves in Florida.

This is a shameless plug, but consider joining the Houston Underwater Club. It is a great dive club & is the sponsor of Seaspace. Don't miss Seaspace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom