Houston area dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Greetings!

I’m relatively new to Houston and was looking for advice on the best dive shops in the area. It looks like Sea Sports Scuba used to have multiple locations... but it appears they are all now out of business.
Looking for larger shops with a wide variety of equipment. I like to check stuff out in person before buying vs buying online.

Thanks!

Check out the Gigglin Marlin Dive Shop (Gigglin' Marlin Dive and Swim - Scuba Diving & Swim Lessons | Scuba Diving & Swim Lessons, Gear & Repairs - Houston). With the economic downturn, I am not sure if they are still in business, and with full disclosure, I have not done any training with them. However, I have used their pool on numerous occasions for gear checks and practice with my grandson, and was impressed with their shop, staff knowledge and friendliness, and variety/quality of dive equipment.

I got my Rescue Diver certification through Gigglin Marlin. Doug Jones was my PADI instructor. Highly recommended!

Also I booked my trip to Flower Garden Banks trip through them by Tonya Marritt last year.

I had my dive computer recalibrated & battery replaced by their shop too last year.

Call before you go, I stopped by the other day to drop off my tanks and they were closed during their posted hours. I’m active on the FB boards so I think I would have heard something if they were closed...but you never know.

I like oceanic ventures myself. Small shop but super nice people, I have done all my post OW certs with them. One of the only shops in town that rents dry suits.

My boss at the NBL has a scuba shop in Galveston called Texas Scuba Adventures. He is a great dude and will work with you on anything you need. His name is Craig and his partners name is Kristen! Check em out!

Awesome. I appreciate all of the recommendations. Seems there are quite a few great shops. Hoping Covid doesn’t shutter any of their doors!

Wow, looked at my old area where I used to live in Houston (77077), no scuba shops are near by anymore. Now I learn 288 is closed. Well, I guess I left just in time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom