housing for Sony DSC-85?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarcusCarr

Reaction score
where can I find an under water housing for a Sony DSC-85 digital camera? Any ideas would be great =]

I looked and looked about 18 months ago and ended up buying a custom housing. This was easy enough in Japan as there are a lot of people that do that over here but not sure about your side of the pond.

Be interesting to see if someone comes up with one.....

Jonathan

MarcusCarr

Ikelite is really the only way to go on that camera. I have a DSC s75 that takes great land shots so I began looking for housing. All are quite expensive. The ikelite is about $900 if you get a bit of a deal. Too expensive for my taste since I won't have the camera all that long. The technology changes so fast that you will want to change cameras in a year or two and your housing in worthless. Just got back from Coz and rented a Sea & Sea DX3000. Very nice rig. Has a Ricoh(spelling) 3.4 mega pix camera inside. With the strobe takes very nice pictures. I also considered going with one of the small Sony DSC's like P71 or 91 since sony's marine pack is only about $250 and the camera can be had for $400-500. Good luck with your choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom