Housing for Oly E10/20 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Labrax

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there !

I am currently using a Nikonos V.

I am considering shifting to digital. Did anybody knows if a specific housing is available for Oly E10/E20 ?

Is this camera a good choice for UW photography ?

Does shifting to digital has an impact on the flash I am currenly using ?

Thanks

:confused:

Light and Motion makes the Titan to fit that camera. Check here... but it's pricey!

I don't know of anyone using a Oly E-10 for u/w work so really couldn't say how well it would do.

Using your existing strobe will depend on whether the strobe is compatable with digital cameras. Does it have pre-flash? The housing you choose may or may not accept the connection.

When switching to digital, you sort of have to start backwards. Narrow your camera choices down to 3-4 then start looking for housings. Not all digital cameras have housings available. Check Digideep for a good place to start search for housings.

Thanks for the information and the links.
I choose the E10 because I also want to use it over water and it is a good camera.
But going backwards as you say seems the only good solution.
My flash is a Sea&Sea and doesn't have a pre-flash. I will check for compatibility.
Did the Kelvins are involved in the choice ? I heard that digital cameras have not the same sensibility to the "colorimetry" of the flash than classical cameras .

Labrax once bubbled...
Did the Kelvins are involved in the choice ? I heard that digital cameras have not the same sensibility to the "colorimetry" of the flash than classical cameras .

I'm not sure I understand. The lenses used in digital cameras are more sensitive to low light situations. And the colors produced are excellent. I would suppose the strobe you choose would have more to do with the "colorimetry" than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom