Hotels Near LAX ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divegoose

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I will be travelling through LAX at the end of March, on my way back home from Cozumel. I have a long layover - almost 13 hours. :(

Any recommendations on hotels for an overnight stay? Any hotels to avoid ? I am already over budget on my Cozumel trip, so don't want anything real fancy. Just need a place to sleep, a shuttle to and from the airport, and a continental breakfast before I resume my long journey home.

Thanks and dive safe !!

Divegoose

Stay away from most of the tower hotels west of the 405 freeway on Century Blvd. as most are pricier almost on-airport properties and at a few of them that I've stayed at departing jets rattle the windows all night.

Of all of them, the farthest away from the runways and likely the cheapest is the Travelodge - I haven't stayed there but drove by it often. There's a Denny's in their parking lot and it's always open - I've eaten there. ${hotelName} | ${city} Hotels, CA 90045

It's not low budget but there's a nice Embassy Suites just south of the airport that's pretty quiet - and offers free full breakfast. And a shuttle. Get a room on the south side, it faces a neighborhood. About $140?

It was my hotel of choice at LAX - I spent a a few days a month there on business regularly. They added a freeway interchange across the street a few years ago and while it cuts down the view, it also lessens the noise since the cargo terminals are on that end of the airport and pretty much go all night.

Motel 6 just on the other side of the 405 on Century is probably one of the better deals - it's $80 and they have an airport shuttle - don't know much about it except what I've seen from the street.

If there's a crappier part of the greater LAX area it's just north of the airport - some of the smaller car rentals are there and cheaper older hotels. Might be OK for one night since you won't have a car to deal with - parking is extra at many LAX hotels and you're not likely to leave the property - it's not an area I'd want to walk around at night. I don't know any of them or if they offer breakfast.

fwiw, my info is older, I haven't been thru LAX for some years. I doubt it's changed much except gotten more congested.

The two times I needed a hotel near LAX on my own dime, I used the Motel 6. It was fine but that was a few years ago.

Thanks for your replies diversteve and drbill. Anyone else have any thoughts / opinions ??

Dive safe !!

Divegoose

Back
Top Bottom