Hotel Flamingo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mofosaurus

Reaction score
Newport Beach, California, USA, Earth, Solar Syste
This smaller (>40 rooms) hotel is a can't miss downtown hotel.

The hotel was very reasonable and had simple but clean rooms with cable TV. The beds were comfortable and the bar had great waffle breakfasts for $3.50.

The hotel is just a half-block from the museum, the beach, Zermatt's Bakery, and El Morritto which is a terrific little restaurant that will deliver to your room.
And the main plaza is just two blocks away.

But what really makes this hotel special is the personal way all the guests are treated by the staff. Tom the owner and Kelly the manager are great sources of information and will not steer you wrong. But the whole staff is wonderful and speaks english.

The charm of this hotel will make you sad to say goodbye to all of your new friends when you leave.

To sum up, a great hotel at a great price.

You might want to mention that the Hotel Flamingo you are talking about is in Cozumel.

I second all of the comments. My friends and I stayed at the Hotel Flamingo for a week in June 2003. I definitely recommend it for people that want a nice place to stay with a great staff.

However, it is not for everybody. There is a woman in our ski club that we call "the Princess" and she would not be happy. It is a two star hotel, not a four star. It is not an "all inclusive".

I definitely plan to stay there again, and I will bring my friends. Julian works miracles with a hotplate and a blender. There is a nice little eatery across the road, and I do mean little. The hotel staff is EXTREMELY helpful, and the rates are really good.

The Hotel Flamingo is close enough to the center of town to be convenient, but not so close that it is crowded or busy.

I agree. I stayed there with my wife earlier this year, and I don't think I would stay anyplace else from here on out, One big plus for me is that they have real beds, not concrete with foam padslike some of the other places I looked at. Kelly and Tom are the best! Not fancy, but I could get used to living there. I did have one problem while there, not them, but me... I had trouble with the T/P thing. I guess it takes a while for all the Modern ideas to wear off. I finally learned to go down to the lobby for the "other " business, and use the head in the room for light duty things only.:wink:

at the Hotel Flamingo in June, I booked on line, and it was $39 a night. For a room with 2 beds. How can you beat that? In season it is a little more expensive, but still extremely reasonable.

If I could find reasonable airfares from San Jose, I would be going back in December!

The lessons that I learned are:
1) Ask for a room with a refridgerator. Some have them, some don't.
2) Rooms on the end away from the lobby (like 28 and 38) get hot water a little quicker because they are closer to the water heater. Of course who is in a hurry when you are in Cozumel?

Tom was only there for a few of the days when I was there, and then he and a couple others went over to Cuba for a while. He told us about a local laundry place that was real good.

Kelly was fabulous. She gave us some great tips on places to eat and places to go. Of course Kelly and Laura were always quick to call cabs for us, or anything that we wanted.

Julian was great, making breakfasts and cooking a big group dinner for us one night. Then during the day he was painting the place.

For light eating, you can't beat El Morritto III across the street. How great is that to have food delivered (on real plates!) right to the hotel, for no extra charge!

If anyone goes to the Hotel Flamingo in Cozumel in the next few months, be sure to say hello to Helene. She is a french woman that used to live in Santa Cruz. She was with our group in June. She liked it there so much that Kelly offered her a job, so she will be working there for 6 months. Tell her that John says hello!

Wristshot

(getting excited just thinking about gooing back to Cozumel)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom