Hotel Barracuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubarick314

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have a recent experience with staying at Hotel Barracuda? We're just looking for a basic hotel close to the water and town. Thanks for any assistance.

scubarick314:
Does anyone have a recent experience with staying at Hotel Barracuda? We're just looking for a basic hotel close to the water and town. Thanks for any assistance.

It's for sale...only $6.5 million. Let me suggest the Bahia, which has a nice continental breakfast in the lobby and free internet, across from the dock.

You described it pretty well. Stayed there in October when it was almost empty. A/C was noisy, but cooled. Room was tired, but fine. The usual Mexico hard beds.

View was beautiful. Diving along shore our out to junk reef was a nice plus. Breakfast at RocknJava couldn't be better. An easy walk to town (except you have to wade through the mall and the cruise ship mess).

If you want basic. The Barracuda won't dissapoint. If you want more, go somewhere newer.

My brother stayed at the hotel Baracuda a couple of years ago and said that it was run down. I am sure it has been updated since. We stayed there 25 yrs ago and we thought it was great but there weren't too many hotels onthe island at that time. You might give a thought to Caribe Blu use to be called Lorena and La Perla. We checked it out in dec when we were there and it looked very nice lots of updating and painting also has a pool and all rooms are ocean view. Rates are reasonable and it is close to town about a 20-30 min walk approx. 4.00US taxi ride.

Its basic, has refrigerator in the room. I stayed there for a month last time. Its nothing fancy but good value. Bay Adventures can put together a good package.

Back
Top Bottom