Hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigd2722

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
With the HOG D1 I have 4 lp hoses. Seems like the handwheel gets impeded by all the hoses. Suggestions?

Thanx

Assuming one is your drysuit inflator hose right? You can route that off the fifth LP port on the bottom directly under your arm and through to your DS inflator valve - that should free up the handwheel issue. You could also run your primary second stage in a similar fashion if you're diving a long hose (less ideal, but an option)

When I'm running a recreational rig, I face the turret down and run the primary (forward) and alternate (rear) to the right and the wing (forward) and drysuit (rear) to the left and leave the fifth port blank. I don't have any problems with this routing interfering with the valve knob.

With single tank setup, I run the first stage "upside down" and slightly angled to the divers right with the long hose (primary second stage) hooked to the down faceing the 5th lp port of the first stage. this is the best way to run a long hose.

I'm still not happy with my hose routing in a single tank, HOG 32# BPW, long-hose setup. If anyone has pics of how they do it I'd love to see how others have tackled it.

this is the best way to run a long hose.
Why is this the best?

Well, maybe not best for everyone, but any regulator that has a port on the top of the reg like the Hog D1 or Scubapro MK25 for example, having the long hose going out that port with the reg angled down and to the divers right makes the hose tuck along the bcd and line up with the can light, pocket, or waist strap that will hold the hose in place. You can run the hose straight out of a side lp port, but i found that routing makes the hose more likely to stick out and not stay stowed as well. Another advantage is the hose goes straight out of the first atage instead of having to bend downwards like it would if it was coming out of a side port. Just my opinion and experience! Please share if/why you disagree!

I'm still not happy with my hose routing in a single tank, HOG 32# BPW, long-hose setup. If anyone has pics of how they do it I'd love to see how others have tackled it.

Ok, not a HOG regulator and not the best pic (im posting from my phone away from my gear).

http://www.globalunderwaterexplorers.org/files/page_images/equipment/Config/hosekit_single_eclipse01.jpg

But you can see the first stage, a scubapro mk25 with a fifth port on the top like the hog d1. You can also see the hose routing im talking about with regards to the long hose

Back
Top Bottom