Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a22shady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi i was wondering I currently have a Halcyon Eclipse System which i am only diving single tank at the moment. And the way it is set up is Both Second stage come off my right side. And i am sure this is the proper way to have this. I have the MK17/G250V My 1st stage has 2 low pressure Hi-Flow ports but opposite sides i was wondering if it would make a huge difference to have my octo hooked up on other side and come over the Left to hook up to the other Hi Flow port. My drysuit hose is currently connected to it. Thanks for the help and advice

From what I understand the HiFlow port really doesn't do too much, so I would stick with the current setup. This is how my Mk17 is setup and it has worked great for me in a number different diving conditions.

I read the tech spec's is supposed to flow up to 15% more air. Now once that actually is configured into a Breath unless you have 2 exact same second stage regs set idenatically i am sure it might be hard to tell. But i dont know for sure thats why i asked

The current set up (2nd stages on right) is the one to use with the MK17.

The backup reg hose port should be set above your primary port , other wise you'll get an annoying tug should you decide to ever need your backup or exercise it during a dive.

The 1st stage I have set up is with the dry ambient chamber (capped with MK17 logo) facing down to reduce the profile from potential snags or banging in a overhead environment. I use the same rig on many of my dives.

Yes i have same Set-up with it facing Down. And Primary hooked up to Hi-flow port and Back-up on Regular LP Port

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom