Hose retainer material?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm looking for an alternative hose retainer, I will normally use the elastic fabric type, but they tend to wear quickly and become loose, I will usually pull my bailout and stow every dive. I've tried the EPDM type, but it seems much harder to pull my bailout and usually gets me frustrated.

I've have tried some flat bungee material on a pony previously, I may go back to that if there are no other good alternatives.

I use round bungee on mine. I have pull tabs from Deep Sea Supply on most of mine, but some of them are just knotted. Easy enough to pull out and put back. They do tend to roll around so having them tied inside of the stage strap is rather important so they don't roll off *granted in open water you probably aren't going to have an issue, I have only noticed it in cave diving in sidemount passages where they'll move around.

I use the ball bungies made for tarps on my pony... easy to grab, and seems to last well.

When using dry gloves round bungee works well as do the silicone holders from Piranha dive.

I use the EPDM ones or cut up inner tubes despite having dry gloves.
In order to be able to write survey notes I need fairly thin dry glove liners so my dexterity is decent as long as my hands stay semi warm. Suit heat is part of the package to compensate for the thinner liners. Surprising how all these little things fit (or not) together.

I use round bungee on mine. I have pull tabs from Deep Sea Supply on most of mine...

Any chance for pictures of the DSS ones? Also how big of a bungee are you using? 1/4"?

Any chance for pictures of the DSS ones? Also how big of a bungee are you using? 1/4"?

can't find them online, I'll try to get a picture later They're basically these but for thick bungee and screw together instead of latch. I can't remember if it's 1/4 or 3/8", but one of those two

2-groovy-zipper-pull-450x355.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom