Horrors upon Horrors!!! Sony MPK-TRB Video Housing - Urgent help Required!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kawabunga0

Reaction score
Buddies, into my second dive during a recent trip, everything went well and the housing functioned with no obvious problems. I left the set soaking/rinsing in a tub of fresh water during an 8 hour trip to the next dive spot. On trying to use it during the next dive, I found the "Leak" indicator constantly on (each time I plugged in the remote cable). Thinking there might be some moisture seeping into the housing, I tried drying it out with a hairdryer for almost a good hour but replugging the remote control cable again resulted in the indicator light illuminating. Checking with the dive shop where I bought the housing, I was informed that he had heard of several cases where this happened and was linked to some moisture getting to the IC board located in the handle where all the controls are situated. Anybody having a similar encounter and if so, any suggestions?
I like the housing (albeit bulky!!) but need to feel comfortable that further dives with it will not result in permanent damage.
Please help!;-0

I had a similar problem with my Amphibico 1000 housing. Fortunately it happened on the 2nd to last day of trip. My main board got some moisture on it from the on-board mic. Moisture followed the cable from the mic to the board. I called amphibico and the tech dept. told me they redesigned the mic membrane so it wouldn't develop a crack due to flex from psi. I purchased a new board and a new mic and installed it myself following the instructions from Amphibico tech. people. They were very helpful. I sent them my old board and they cleaned it up and I keep it as a spare in my kit. I'm not familiar with your housing. If the main board got wet, buy a new board. Amphibico said that that was the only sure way to fix the problem.

Barracuda2

You might want to ask one of the regulators to move this over to the photog section for more responses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom