Horrible. Just Horrible...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crowley

Master Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
These pictures were posted on Facebook yesterday. The culprits have been identified by HEPCA as the Golden Dolphin Safaris.

And they call themselves divers. It's just SICK!

C.

544596_563498500335167_287532946_n.jpg

Yeah it's been hitting facebook hard today- shame on the divers, and shame on the operators.

Russians. There's a surprise...

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2013 at 07:31 PM ----------

208544_564059913612359_560393637_n.jpg

Reponse from the operator. Admitting it happened, admitted they knew about it but chose not to bother informing the authorities hoping they'd get away with it.
"Extra incentives" for the crew so that'll be bribery in financial or indeed other services. Doesn't mention if the crew were sacked or not (i guess not). By "severe action" i'd guess its more likely "don't get caught doing that again. Hopefully nobody will notice".

The last one appears to blame jealous competitors for allowing the incident to become public.

FWIW i've seen this operator feeding sharks off safari boats far more recently than 2011....

It's also nice to see HEPCA actually taking action about things like this. They're the only organisation there i've got any respect for as they DO act. Contrast to CDWS who ignore, outright lie and coverup most incidents reported to them and to my knowledge have NEVER acted (other than to threaten a centre that reported day boats boats tying onto coral to them with closure). Well done HEPCA.

Last edited:
Holy ****. I hope these guys are taken to the cleaners and their license revoked.

I hate to stereotype but I've yet come across any Russian divers I can say I've had any time for. Can't dive, drink between dives, ignore all rules (snorkelling when oceanics around for one), yadda yadda - but this really takes the biscuit.

I hope they nail these guys right to the wall.

J

Holy crap! I was on board that boat :O I really hope that they get suspended for life!

Disgusting!

Thanks for keeping us updated Crowley, I've been wondering if any progress was getting made.

As the economical situation deteriorates in this region of the world, I am afraid that things will only get worse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom