Hornby Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I want to organize a dive trip to Hornby in early September (isn't that six gill season???). Does anyone know of any good charters on the island, and could you link me to them? Also, anyone know of any good places to stay there? My family does have a cabin on the island, but there are never any guarantees for when it is available, so I have to have backup accomodation. :D Anyway, any information you could give me on Hornby diving would be wonderful. Thanks!

Call up Edge Diving in North Van ( 604 990 DIVE). They have been before and a spot still open for next weekend.
Hornby Island 6 Gill Sharks
Only 1 spot left!!!!!
July 7,8,9
Another adventure at Hornby Island, always a popular dive destination. We will be searching for the elusive Six Gills as well as enjoying diving the spectacular reefs.
Our package includes:

Unlimited shore diving
2 boat dives daily
All meals and accomodation

creamofwheat:
I want to organize a dive trip to Hornby in early September (isn't that six gill season???). Does anyone know of any good charters on the island, and could you link me to them? Also, anyone know of any good places to stay there? My family does have a cabin on the island, but there are never any guarantees for when it is available, so I have to have backup accomodation. :D Anyway, any information you could give me on Hornby diving would be wonderful. Thanks!
That's easy ... contact Rob and Amanda at Hornby Island Diving ... http://www.hornbyislanddiving.com/index.html

They run a fine operation ... very comfortable accommodations, well-prepared meals, a nice dive boat, and they're just a lovely couple to spend time with. And Ford Cove, right in front of their lodge, is a great night dive for those who just can't get enough ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Last few times I dove there in peak season (like right now) there were no sightings. I hate to mention this but it is possible all the activity there have made them scarce Several years ago they brought in film crews, chummed the water and it seems sighting became more infreqent after that. Good luck and I hope you see some but right now the sure fire place to see 6 gills is on the other side of Vancouver Island in Tahsis. People are seeing them while standing on the dock.

Another referal for Hornby Island Dive. Rob and Amanda run a great charter on the island and have accomodations for large groups.

If you're not doing a group dive and are looking for a dive buddy let me know. My family has a cabin up there too and I am always looking for someone to dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom