Hornby Island - Sea Lions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I was asked by a few friends from eastern canada to put together a trip for next spring to Hornby Island to see the Sea Lions at Norris Rock. I have been there several times, but not in the last 3 years. Are they still running the Sea Lion dives or are they only doing the Six Gill Shark dives now. I had heard some rumors about DFO clamping down on diving with the sea lions, but I dont have any details.

Yes they are, you can find it if you google "Hornby island diving". The Edge dive ship does 2 trips there per year. One in Feb and the other in March. Of all the dive trips to do, this is the one. Sea lions love to PLAY!!!!!!

Ocean Pro Divers does a couple sea lion dive trips to Hornby Island as well. The trips sell out super fast. It's awesome diving with sea lions! I highly recommend it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom