Hope ALL IN FLORIDA WELL!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Tampa at my Wife's parents right now.

The eye of the storm went right over us. We were huddled in the bathroom, and the interior walls (concrete) were shaking, and we were trying to figure out what to do when the roof went. Fortunately, it didn't. My brother lost his house, one car, and most everything he owns. My sisters house is badly damgaged, but probably salvable. An aunt's house is gone. My uncle's front doors were blown in and storm went through, but he can repair the damage. My Mom's house (where all of us were, except my Brother) is ok, as is my Grandparents. I have a tree on my house, but the interior is mostly ok, and livable, if it wasn't 95 every day. Lost all of my other trees. There's a capsized boat in the canal behind my house, and the guy across the canal has his boat half on his dock, half in the water.

I'm going back in the moring with ice, water, and batteries for neighbors and family, also to check on CBulla, and Wildbill, whom I have been unable to contact. If anyone knows the address of anyone in the area I will be happy to go by and check and bring supplies to them. It's very difficult to get phone service. Land lines are mostly out, and most of the cell towers are gone, but occasionally you can get through.

Downtown Punta Gorda is pretty much gone. Port Charlotte along the harbor is mostly gone. Inland areas are mostly gone. Port Charlotte has water (boil it first, though), but PG doesn't even have that. Every electrical pole will have to be replaced.

I estimate that 80% of PG businesses are gone. 30%-40% in Port Charlotte. Traffic is going surprising well. Almost everyone is being curtious, and really treating major intersections like 4 way stops. If you're thinking of coming down to see the damage, please DON'T. Things are very difficult right now, and you are seeing most of the damage on TV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom