Hookah from an anchored boat... Hookah from a float-based device... Hoo can share their experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the idea of a fill compressor also but most small units take time to fill a tank. The last thing I wanted is to listen to a gas motor running all day. Living on a boat most of the time we were snorkeling. We were doing Sea Cortez and south for 6 months at a time in a 37 foot sailboat. Even having the hookah it was use more for cleaning the hull then diving. It is different when you pay to be taken to a dive site then trying to find dive sites by yourself in new areas. We had a tank on board but never need it.
I enjoyed the hookah, there is just something about being under water.
It was rare to find a hookah or fill compressor on a private boat.

I love the idea of a fill compressor also but most small units take time to fill a tank. The last thing I wanted is to listen to a gas motor running all day. Living on a boat most of the time we were snorkeling. We were doing Sea Cortez and south for 6 months at a time in a 37 foot sailboat. Even having the hookah it was use more for cleaning the hull then diving. It is different when you pay to be taken to a dive site then trying to find dive sites by yourself in new areas. We had a tank on board but never need it.
I enjoyed the hookah, there is just something about being under water.
It was rare to find a hookah or fill compressor on a private boat.

Can you clarify what you were using?

I was using an octopump, It was made by a one man shop with A GC 160cc Honda motor. He was located in the mid west. I just looked and it is no longer on the net. He use a release valve to control pressure. I still have it, was going to turn it into a air tool driver. have not run it for 6 years.

Back
Top Bottom