Hooded Vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike126

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got my Bare 7mm Artic wetsuit. I also ordered the outer 7mm hooded vest that zips up like a shorty only in the front. I have found that the hooded vest is too confining for me. I was thinking of getting Bare 3mm/7mm hooded vest instead. Or just a hood. Also would like a trimmable face seal.

I wanted to get some feedback on how confining the 3mm hooded vest feels under a 7mm wetsuit. Also do you feel that much warmer with them on? I'll be in 50 degree water at the quarries. The wetsuit fits me well (snug) and I'm a little on the small size for the XL so I do have room for a vest.

I have 7 mm wet suit and 3 mm hooded vest. It works for me very well. I’m usually using this setup with water temperature around 50 F. Works really well and you will notice difference. I can usually stay wormer much longer that my friends before getting colder .I belive it was worth the investment.

Regards

Marcin

I too am having a similar dilemma. I bought the Bare 7 mm SGS suit and it fits great but a little confining around the neck. I tried a Bare hooded step in vest over this and it is just too confining. Plus I didn't really care for the zipper being right next to my face. I am now considering a Hyperstretch hooded vest, but they don't make it in 7mm. I would prefer to wear something over the full suit rather than under, but I am willing to give anything a try. Any suggestions.

Thank you for your post! After reading it, I decided to go with the 3/7 Bare hooded vest for my classes in CT. I had to buy a hood anyway, and the hooded vest costs about the same (and will not leak as much).:14:

I did some quick research on it via Google, and everything I have read about it is seems positive. Please post how it dives for you. I'll be trying mine out next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom