Hood vs earplugs for preventing infections

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grf88
The mask you refer to is made by IST and it is the Pro Ear Mask. There are a couple of models. They all feature ear cups with a double skirt which fit around your ears. Tubes run from the mask to each ear cup so you can equalize the space. I have used these masks for years and over 250 dives.

Best thing you can do is to put ear drying solution in your ears after each dive. I for get but it is either 1/2 peroxide half alcohol or half vinegar half alcohol...

equal parts peroxide, alcohol, vinegar mixed in a squirt bottle and flush out ears after every dive.

I thought it wasn't safe to mix vinegar and peroxide?
I read that the problem is you make peracetic acid (or peroxyacetic acid), but that doesn't really make sense to me: Peracetic acid is less acidic than acetic acid, which is the acid in the vinegar.

That said, I'd be reticent to ever put anything with hydrogen peroxide as an ingredient in my ear canal without somebody with MD after their name telling me it's ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom